I have read the many articles in the Northeast News about this subject. Here is my view and thoughts about this subject.
1. Trucks and autos and buses are much heavier than bicycles, no question, so you must slow down the “big boys” to 15 mph or slower.
2. A collision is bound to occur.
3. Parking will always be a problem.
4. Clearing the snow is another problem.
5. Bicycles sharing the road should also share the expenses; inspection, liability insurance, plates, just like the vehicles on the roadway.
6. Personally speaking, I prefer not to shop where there is no parking or driving problem.
Historic Northeast Resident,
David E. Russell