Questions about the upcoming school year? Kansas City Public Schools (KCPS) families can ask them at next week’s Enrollment Fair! District and school employees will be at Manual Career and Technical Center, 1215 E. Truman Rd., from 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. on July 18, 19 and 20.
KCPS is ready to help new-to-the-district families enroll for the first time, and community partners will be on site to provide more information about before- and after-school care, school-based health services and the many other resources available in KCPS schools.
KCPS can also help already-enrolled families update their address before the first day of school on Monday, Aug. 22, 2022.
Address verification is an important part of this year’s back-to-school planning. KCPS is currently calling the parents/guardians of all enrolled students to make sure they have the right address on file. Address verification will ensure adequate staffing for the 2022-23 school year and help route buses for the first day of school. Families needing to update their address can provide any of the following documents:
- Current utility bill: electric, water or gas. (Disconnect or shutoff notices will not be accepted. Bills must be within the last 30 days)
- Valid Property Deed
- Current Real Estate Tax Receipt
- Mortgage Statement/Bill
- Signed Residential Lease Agreement
- Personal Property Tax Receipt (Past year)
- Homeowner’s/Rental Insurance Policy (Current year)
- Social Services, Social Security Statement, or Other Legal/Court Documents (TANF, SNAP letter)
- Pay stub/Pay check (within 30 days)
- Bank statement (within 30 days)
- Residency Affidavit (must be notarized) – more info on our website
From free pre-K to college prep, Montessori to African-centered studies, KCPS has options for every family. Visit enrollkc.org for more information.