According to a recent release, the KC Streetcar is adjusting service hours in a phased approach.
Subject to updates or related guidance from Kansas City, Missouri’s Health Department, and local authorities, beginning on Monday, May 18, the KC Streetcar will observe the following hours of operation and service levels. Schedule adjustments may be made during Phase I in response to observed demand and downtown activity levels.
- Monday-Friday: 6:00 am to 9:00 pm, two streetcars all day with a third streetcar added between 10:00 am-2:00 pm.
- Saturday: 7:00 am to 9:00 pm, two streetcars all day with a third streetcar added between 9:00 am to 6:00 pm.
- Sunday: 7:00 am to 9:00 pm, two streetcars all day.
Phase I carries forward all current mitigations efforts (shown below) and slightly expands the streetcar operations schedule and on-route car availability:
- Retain COVID-19 instituted car and facility cleaning procedures, including mid-day streetcar cleaning.
- Retain on-board and on-shelter signage related to social distancing.
- Retain on-board hand sanitizer dispensers.
- Retain operations policy related to auto-door opening when weather conditions permit.
- Retain enforcement on limiting “continuous riding”.
- Retain PPE availability for operations, maintenance, and security personal, including face masks and gloves.
- Retain equipping staff with sanitization equipment including wipes, spray, and hand sanitizer.
- Retain on-board seat signage, limiting seat availability.
- Continue public messaging in a manner consistent with local government, KCMO health department directives and best practices, and regional transit partners.
Phase II will be activated once downtown activity levels, ridership demand, related operating schedule refinements, and final local guidance on long-term COVID-19 responses are better known. The practices, policies, and schedule outlined in Phase II is intended to be continuous and long-term. During Phase II, the KC Streetcar will resume regular operating hours and service, including an additional streetcar in operation on First Fridays and Saturdays.
The complete KC Streetcar reactivation plan can be found on their website. The KC Streetcar is closely monitoring the situation and will follow instructions and recommendations issued by the City of Kansas City, Missouri, the Kansas City Health Department, and RideKC partners. Any changes in service and operations will be communicated electronically through the KC Streetcar website (www.kcstreetcar.org/clean), social media channels and the RideKC Notify text alert system (text ‘streetcar’ to 816.685.8541).