July 20, 2014
KANSAS CITY, Missouri — The Kansas City, Mo., Neighborhood Tourist Development Fund awards reimbursable grants to support countless popular Kansas City activities, such as art festivals, concerts, home tours, tournaments, parades and more.
The fund currently is accepting reimbursable grant applications for activities taking place between Sept. 1, 2014 and April 30, 2015. Applications must be received by Friday, Aug. 8, 2014 at 5 p.m.
Any organization wishing to apply for a grant must host cultural, social, ethnic, historic, educational or recreational activities. In addition, interested organizations must:
- be a non-profit incorporated in the state of Missouri
- be located in and have its registered office in the city limits of Kansas City, Mo.
- have neighborhood, community, tourism promotion and development priorities as part of its mission
- meet the city’s requirements for contracting with non-municipal agencies
- thoroughly demonstrate that it meets the program’s eligibility requirements.
Eligibility and funding applications are available at www.kcmo.gov/ntdf. Applications may be submitted directly online, or printed and mailed to: Neighborhood Tourist Development Fund City Hall – Fourth Floor, 414 E. 12th St., Kansas City, MO 64106, attention Venessa Huskey. Please note this is a new mailing address for the program.
Organizations that choose to mail their applications are advised to mail them as soon as possible to ensure their timely arrival. Applications received in the mail after Aug. 8, 2014, will not be eligible. The deadline is an extension of the usual Aug. 1, 2014, deadline for this quarter’s grants. The Neighborhoods and Housing Services Department manages the Neighborhood Tourist Development Fund. For more information about the Neighborhood Tourist Development Fund, contact Venessa Huskey, Neighborhoods and Housing Services Department, at 816-513-3237.