City heightens reporting options for 311 online system

Posted June 19, 2014 at 2:03 pm

Northeast News
June 19, 2014

KANSAS CITY, Missouri — When a Kansas City resident wants to report illegal dumping, a broken street light or a pothole, they call 311, or visit the 311 website. But this month, residents will notice more options when they visit the 311 website.

The City of Kansas City enhanced its 311 online system so that residents may view 311 requests on a map, view the status of a request and its case history, as well as submit follow-up comments to a certain case.

According to Mille Crossland, technology project liaison, allowing 311 online users to post comments will help the city prioritize the requests.

Users may access the 311 online map by visiting Residents may also submit 311 requests in the following ways:

  • Phone: Dial 311 or 816-513-1313
  • Email:
  • Twitter: Follow @KCMO311
  • Mobile App: KCMO 311 Service Request app (available in the App Store and Play Store)
  • Walk in: City Hall, First Floor, 414 E. 12th St., Kansas City, MO 64106, weekdays from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
  • Mail: 311 Call Center, City Hall, First Floor, 414 E. 12th St., Kansas City, MO 64106
  • Fax: 816-513-1303


The KCMO 311 Service Request mobile app will receive the new enhancements in its next mobile release later this year.